Specially engineered for super sport cars and ultra high performance tuning
Born from endurance racing for the most exhilarating drive!
Safety even in the most demanding conditions
- Three metres shorter braking distance on wet roads
- Technology coming from 15 consecutive Le Mans 24 Hour victories.
The best dry handling
• N°1 in dry handling
• The fastest tyre
Developed with Porsche, BMW M and Ferrari
THE TWARON® BELT
• At very high speed, The Twaron® belt ensures greater stability.
• Its variable tension grips the centre of the tread more tightly than the shoulders.
Centrifugal force is thus better controlled and forces are distributed more evenly.
• A novel distribution of two different rubber compounds between the outer and inner sides of the tread.
• Outer side: a novel carbon black-reinforced elastomer derived directly from the Le Mans 24 Hour Race.
The result: extreme endurance even under the tightest cornering.
• Inner side: the latest generation of elastomers with exceptional wet grip to mould themselves to the slightest irregularities in the road surface and break the film of water.
VARIABLE CONTACT PATCH 2.0
Whether you’re accelerating flat out in a straight line or cornering at high speed, you still get optimum grip.
• When cornering, the shape of the contact patch changes but the amount of rubber in contact with the road surface stays the same.
• MICHELIN Pilot Super Sport has benefited from the latest digital simulation software used in the aeronautics and automobile industries.
These state-of-the-art tools have enabled the forces and temperatures to be more evenly distributed over the contact patch.