Acana Adult Dog is a premium feed for fully grown dogs. The recipe is ideally formulated for their natural dietary requirements, thus containing high protein content together with low plant constituent content. The ingredients in the recipe are both varied and high quality. This helps dogs to process food and get the best from it.
50% of fresh meat and fish from chicken, whole eggs and salmon provide important energy. The ingredients are delivered fresh daily. It is completely free from preservatives and is fit for human-grade consumption. The free range cobb chicken and eggs are delivered fresh daily from local prairie farms. The Pacific salmon from Canadian lakes is caught using sustainable methods.
The food contains an additional 30% hypoallergenic oats and 20% fresh fruit and veg grown locally to keep your pet's diet balanced. Oats, unlike other forms of grains, have an extremely low glycemic index, allowing blood sugar to remain constant over a long period of time. This can have a positive impact on insulin sensitivity and fat retention.
The fruit and veg are fresh: red delicious apples, Bartlett pears, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, parsley and spinach from local farms provide healthy vitamins to actively support the immune system.
The salmon contains essential omega 3 and omega 6 fatty acids, particularly EPA and DHA, which aid the body's natural defences as well as supporting healthy skin and fur. Ingredients like Juniper berries, alfalfa and lavender can support good digestion. Other functional ingredients round off Acana Adult Dog nicely, providing your dog with everything it needs for a balanced diet.
Acana Adult at a glance:
- Exquisite dry food for all adult dogs
- 50% animal proteins: locally raised fresh meat and fish
- Top quality meat ingredients: completely free from preservatives, for human-grade consumption
- 20% fruit & vegetables: red delicious applies, butternut squash, Burbank potatoes, parsley and spinach leaves to boost the immune system
- 30% ground oats: Source of carbohydrate with low glycemic index, for stable blood sugar levels
- For the metabolism: seaweed, Juniper berries, lavender, alfalfa and peppermint leaves
- For skin & fur: with EPA and DHA (omega 3 fatty acids) from wild caught New Brunswick herring
- Chicory root: a natural source of prebiotics, can prevent the spread of pathological bacteria in the gut and support a balanced intestinal flora