Lavender essential oil is made of lavender blossoms (Lavandula officinalis, Labiatae), using the method of steam distillation. Lavender essential oil has a very intensive, distinctive floweryscent.
Lavender essential oil is a classic ingredient for: tonics for dry skin, perfume and eau de cologne, various cosmetic products (as an odour masking or enhancing element): soap, bath oils, sea salt, etc.
Methods and amounts of use:
- Aromatic bath: essential oils are insoluble in water, thus dissolve 10-30 drops of essential oil mix in a glass of milk, kephir, yoghurt, cream, a tablespoon of plant oil or some honey and then pour the mixture into your bath.
- Cream or lotion: put 10-15 drops of the essential oil mix into 1 spoon of unfragranced cream or lotion.
- Hand cream or lotion: one-time use: 3 drops of essential oil mix in 1 teaspoon of plant oil.
- After-shave lotion: 40 drops of essential oil mix into 120 ml of apple vinegar or vodka and 80 ml of distilled waster.
- Massage: 10-15 drops of essential oil mix into 2 tablespoons of plant oil.
- Shampoo, conditioner or for rinsing hair: add 2 drops of the essential oil into the bottle of shampoo or 2-3 l of water with some lemon juice.
- Sauna: 15 drops of essential oil mix into 10 l of hot water for soaking besoms.
- Aromatic lamp: 4-5 drops for 5 sq. m. area. For daily use (don’t forget to add warm water).
- Facial steam bath: 2-3 drops into 1 l hot water.