Dogs have a tendency to suffer from urinary tract infections which can lead to the formation of urinary stones (including struvite and calcium oxalate stones). Royal Canin Urinary S/O Moderate Calorie is a dietetic dry kibble that has been especially developed for dogs that tend towards being overweight. This dry food can be fed to dogs suffering from bladder infections and urinary stones and can help to dissolve already existing struvite stones and crystals. It also helps to prevent the re-occurrence of urinary stones and in the treatment of bacterial bladder infections. The adapted energy content can help dogs that are overweight or in danger of becoming overweight to maintain a healthy weight. The dry kibble is formulated to increase the volume of urine, which in turn has a preventative effect on urinary stones and crystals. It also helps to give the urine a lower relative supersaturation (RSS) value, which reduces the level of ions that produce urine crystals in the urine.
Recommended for (indications):
- Dissolving struvite crystals/ stones
- Bacterial bladder infections
- Prevention of calcium oxalate stones
- Prevention of struvite stones
Not recommended for (contraindications):
- Chronic renal insufficiency, metabolic acidosis
- Cardiac insufficiency
- Parallel treatment with drugs that increase urine acidity
- Lactating bitches, pregnant bitches or puppies
- Dissolving struvite stones: The recipe has been designed to help to effectively dissolve struvite stones.
- Moderate Energy: Adapted energy content to help dogs to maintain a healthy weight – especially for dogs that are already overweight or in danger of excess weight gain.
- Diluting urine: Increased urine volume to prevent formation of struvite and calcium oxalate stones.
- Low RSS value: Helps to reduce the level of ions that form struvite and oxalate crystals in the urine.